Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aaaaand she's back.

"Texting. Texting. Texting. Texting. I have texting!"

9/14/09 3:14 pm


It's true, folks. My bestie's mom finally broke down and bought her a new, clam-water-free phone. And it didn't take long for the fun to begin.

I started a job a while back with a company that does school photography ("tilt your head a little further... just a little more...aaand perfect") and have recently been doing shoots in elementary schools. I'm here to tell you that kids really do say the darnedest things. The photographers and I were set up in the hallway and had an hour window to eat lunch when the PM kindergartners came tromping by. Many said hi, some were too shy or didn't care, but one little boy got the best running start his 5-year-old-legs could manage, and leaped in front of us, shouting "My shoes are made out of goodness!"

Upon sharing this encounter with my bestie, who has been pretty agitated lately with the kids at the childcare center where she works, I softened her up and started this text exchange, where she began by repeating one of the weird things one of her daycare kids had said:

Bestie: "'The monster lives and hops in the closet.' Just kidding, I love me some kids."
Me: "That sounds like some weird CIA code."
Bestie: "Someone secretly works for the CIA...undercover midget, anyone?"
Me: "Umm holy crap I already had that discussion once today, no joke. Kindergarten narc."***
Bestie: "YES. Of all conversations, that one SHOULD be had twice."

09/15/09 8:45ish pm


***When a group of what I thought was kindergartners came down for their scheduled shoot, one girl looked suspiciously out of place--she must have been a foot taller than all of the other kids and had a much better fashion sense. Baffled, I began discussing with my co-workers the possibility of her being a kindergarten narc. Turns out I was mistaken and it was a first/second grade split class. Still...

No comments:

Post a Comment